Getting Started / Etiquette
We want everyone who interacts with Southern Om to have a positive experience. Here are some tips to consider before coming to class. Most important: be kind to yourself and have fun.
- Arrange your schedule for a relaxing experience: arrive 15 minutes early. The front doors to the studio are locked just before class begins.
- Please remove your shoes before entering the back area of the studio. Shoe cubbies are provided in the waiting area.
- Place your street clothes and other personal belongings in the lockers provided in the changing rooms. Take care to return the locker key.
- Please store your valuables in the trunk of your car or at home during class.
- No cell phones or beepers in the yoga room.
- Be well hydrated before class and come to practice on a light stomach.
- Please do not wear heavy perfumes or colognes to class.
- Please be respectful of others in the yoga studio before class. Keep voices low and to a minimum.
- Feel free to take a break at any time during class by either taking Child’s Pose or lying quietly on your mat.
- Use the restrooms before class. If you need to leave the yoga room during class, please do so quietly between poses.
- At the end of class, please leave the room quietly and be mindful that other students may be using that time for silence and meditation.
- The studio is a place of peace. Leave criticism of yourself and others at the door.